Friday, February 26, 2010

Let's Go to the Movies!

It's time for another Fussy and Fancy Challenge! I am so excited!! I love our theme for Challenge 5... Movies. One of my favorite movies (and plays) is The Phantom of the Opera. I've seen the play three times when it was out here in LA. Once with the original Phantom, Michael Crawford. The second time I saw it, I was able to meet Davis Gains, who played the Phantom. Then a couple of years ago, I took my husband to see this amazing play. I look forward to the day I can take my kids and they can share in my little obsession:)



My card was made from paper scraps.




The sentiment is one of my favorite songs from the first act. I wrote it out with a white gel pen and sponged the edges with white ink.




All the embellishments I found in my collection of drawers!



I drew the mask and blended the pencil to get the shading right. I sponged the edges with black ink, which really adds to the drama.



Hope you enjoyed my little creation. Thanks for stopping by!

Now I need to enter this into some challenges!
Everybody-Art-Challenge easel cards


Cute Card Thursday Challenge 101, Ribbon


Simon Says Stamp Challenge, Vintage with Flowers

5 comments:

  1. Wow Krista this is awesome, the mask is perfect. I've seen it live twice with the hubby, and he saw it with Michael Crawford many moons ago. We have seen the movie a few times as well, so we share your love of Phantom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista
    WOW! This is an amazing creation. I was wondering where you got the mask from, then read that you had drawn it, you are such a talented lady. Love the colour combo too.
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista, this is fabulous! The whole card really looks like a scene from Phantom! Your mask is wonderful, and the colors and embellishments are perfect! I'm so proud of you for entering it into challenges! Thank you for your wonderful contribution to Fussy and Fancy, and thank you for joining us at EAC!
    Hugs,
    April
    P.S. You need to turn off word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and captures the "Phantom of the Opera" feel. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! Can you believe I still have not seen that whole movie? great job! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. It really brightens my day!

Fussy and Fancy Challenge 7...Easter!

It's time for our Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Easter is our theme(can't believe it's that time of year!) I didn't feel like m...